Meet the Team
Dr. (Capt.) Mangtoo Ram
D.O. (LOND), D.L.O. (LOND), F.R.C. OPHTH (LOND), F.R.C.S. (EDIN) (EYE)
Ex Director-in-Chief, Health Services, Bihar
Ex. Director I.G.I.M.S. , Patna
Visits every Saturday morning and examines patients referred by other doctors of the hospital (complicated cases)
Dr. U.C. Mathur
M.B.B.S, M.S., D.O.,
Ex. Asso. Prof. Ophthalmology P.M.C.H.
Dr. T.R.D. SINHA
MS, Ex Prof. Opthalmology (PMCH, RMCH)
Dr. Vikash Kumar Sinha
Senior Consultant and Phaco Surgeon.
Dr. Vishal Kishore
M.B.B.S., D.O. (Gold Medalist), D.N.B., ICO (Cambridge University), Trained in Medical Retina & Uvea (Arvind Eye Hospital)
Dr. Mukta Prasad
M.B.B.S., MS (EYE)
Dr Deepak Agarwal
M.B.B.S., D.N.B., Retinal Surgeon (Arvind Eye Hospital)
Dr. Kunal Kishore
M.B.B.S., D.O. (Gold Medalist), D.N.B. (Arvind Eye Hospital), Paediatric Eye Surgeon
Dr. Gautam Kumar
Dr. Ashwini Kumar
M.B.B.S., DOMS (PG)
|Dr. (Capt.) Mangtoo Ram||11:00 AM - 1:00 AM||SATURDAY|
|DR. U.C. MATHUR||10:00 A.M TO 5:00 P.M||MON - SAT|
|DR. T.R.D SINHA||11:00 AM TO 01:00 PM||FRIDAY|
|DR. VIKASH KUMAR SINHA||10:00 AM TO 5:00 PM||MON - SAT|
|DR. VISHAL KISHORE||10:00 AM TO 5:00 PM||MON - SAT|
|DR. MUKTA PRASAD||10:00 AM TO 5:00 PM||MON - WED ,SAT|
|DR. DEEPAK AGARWAL||11:00 AM TO 2:00 PM||TUE and SAT|
|DR. KUNAL KISHORE||11:00 AM TO 2:00 PM||TUE and SAT|
|DR. GAUTAM KUMAR||10:00 AM TO 5:00 PM||MON - SAT|
|DR. ASHWINI KUMAR||10:00 AM TO 02:00 PM||MON - SAT|
|Dr. Deepak Agrawal||Tuesday and Saturday||12:30 PM – 2:30 PM||Retina Clinic|
|Dr. Kunal Kishore||Tuesday and Saturday||12:30 PM – 2:30 PM||Paediatric Ophthalmology and Squint Clinic|
|Dr. Mamta Singh||Tuesday||10:00 am – 12:00 PM||Cornea Clinic|
|Dr. Ajeet Kumar Diwedi||Wednesday and Friday||02:00 PM – 04:00 PM||Glaucoma Clinic|
|Dr. Vishal Kishore||Saturday||12:30 PM – 2:00 PM||Uvea Clinic|
|Dr. Vikash Kumar Sinha||Saturday||12:30 PM – 2:00 PM||Oculoplasty Clinic|
FACILITIES AVAILABLE IN MAHAVIR NETRALAYA:
- Specialist Glaucoma Treatment.
- Squint Operation and Exercise.
- DCR, DCT.
- Oculoplastic Surgery
- Medical Retina, Surgical Retina.
- FFA (Laser Fundus Camera).
- Refraction by Auto Refractometer.
- Non-contact Tonometer (NCT)
- Green Laser, YAG laser
- Contact Lens.
- Automated Perimeter.
- B Scan.
- A-Scan Biometry (A-scan immersion Machine)
- OCT (Optical Coherence Tomography)
- PRP Laser
- Grid Laser
- Focal Laser
- Contact Lens
An OPTICAL SHOP (MAHAVIR OPTICALS) is also run by the Netralaya providing quality frames and glasses at low cost. The working hours are 9:00 AM to 5.00 PM.
- Several sub-departments run under the eye Department.
IOL ClinicDr. Vikash, Dr. Vishal, Dr. Mukta, Dr. Gautam
Medical Retina and Uvea ClinicDr. Vishal, Dr. Deepak
- Surgical Retina ClinicDr. Deepak
- Paediatric Ophthalmology ClinicDr. U.C. Mathur, Dr. Kunal
- Squint ClinicDr. U.C. Mathur, Dr. Kunal
- Occuloplasty ClinicDr. Vikash
- Cornea Clinic
- Glaucoma Clinic
- LASIK clinic is proposed.
Mahavir Netralaya was the first to start Retinal Surgery in all over the state of Bihar. Retinal Surgery includes surgeries like RD Surgery, Core virectomy, PPV, PPL, PFCL, Silicon oil, dropped nucleus, The people of Bihar now have a choice not to go to higher centres outside Bihar for super specialized care.
Registration charge for Complete Eye Checkup is a meagre sum of Rs. 50/-
Complete Eye Checkup also includes refraction and ophthalmic exam which is valid for one month.
- A centre of specialized and comprehensive eye treatment at affordable cost
- Working effectively to esteem satisfaction of the patients for the last nine years
- Affordable cataract operation of by Phaco-emulsification, Topical Phaco without injection.
- Catering to all sorts of eye problems both anterior and posterior segment
- Patients from all over Bihar being referred to Mahavir Netralaya for specialized investigation and management of complicated eye problems
- Subsidized and well equipped Optical Shop for the benefit of patients.
- Contact Lens service of different types are available.
- Has super-specialized sub-branches in ophthalmology such as:
- Cataract: Topical Phaco, MICS with ultra modern Phaco machines
- Glaucoma: Diagnosis and management by NCT, HFA, OCT, Surgery
- Pediatric Ophthalmology: Squint Sx, Ptosis Sx, Congenital Cat, etc.
- Squint Clinic: Exercises and Surgery of one or both the eyes
- Retina Clinic: RD Surgery, Endophthalmitis, Dropped Nucleus/IOLs
- Lasers: YAG Laser and Green Laser
List of Equipments available at Mahavir Netralaya
· Slit Lamp
· Auto Refractometer
· Chair Unit
· Fundus Camera
· Green Laser
· Automated Perimeter
· Operating Microscope
· A-Scan and B-Scan
· Phaco Machine
· Indirect Ophthalmoscope
· Direct Ophthalmoscope
· YAG Laser
· Operating Table
· Applanation Tonometer
· Reticare Machine (Retinal Surgery)
Though an ophthalmic unit was already in service at Mahavir Arogya Sansthan it was proposed to set up a separate super-speciality unit “Mahavir Netralaya” to cater the needs of increasing number of Eye patients and provide quality services to them for which the patients were going to Chennai, Sitapur, Aligarh etc. Mahavir Netralaya was accordingly established and was inaugurated by the Honorable Chief Minister of Bihar Shri Nitish Kumar Jee on 21.01.2006.
The Netralaya has extended quality services to a large number of patient on nominal cost. Specialist from Shankar Netralaya Chennai and other reputed Eye Hospital at Kolkata, Aligarh, Sitapur etc are visiting the Sansthan at frequent interval and extending their expertise to the poor patients of the Sansthan. Affordable rate has been fixed for all the services. At present more than 300 new patients and approximately 200 old patient (total 500 patient) are attending the OPD daily. The poor patients are treated free of cost. Mahavir Netralaya is also running sub specialty clinics like Glaucoma clinic, Retina Clinic, pediatric ophthalmology clinic, Squint clinic, Diabetic Retinopathy clinic apart from the normal day to day work. Senior Eye Specialist of Patna are rendering their free services to the sansthan.